Now Reading: Meet the Beauty Lecturer, Vanessa Prochowski

Vanessa Prochowski - Beauty Lecturer

Meet the Beauty Lecturer, Vanessa Prochowski

A great teacher can make all the difference and we’re particularly proud of our fantastic, industry-connected lecturers.

This week we sat down with Vanessa Prochowski, our inspiring Beauty Lecturer. She brings to the course a vast amount of knowledge and experience, having previously worked for the luxurious International Hotels, the NSW Public Hospitals of Sydney, National Heart Foundation, and in Real Estate.

5 AWESOME THINGS ABOUT VANESSA

• I love dancing, I learned the 8 Ballroom Dances, Modern Jive and Argentinian Tango
  • I have been on TV a few times
  • I love fantasy makeup and dress up
  • I’ve had my own photography exhibition
  • I have been to Bollywood

WHY DID YOU CHOOSE A CAREER IN BEAUTY?
Beauty is about the body inside and out, not just the face. It can have a massive impact on a person’s day to day and life. Showing students the effects Beauty and Spa can have on the client and how you can change the clients day, is one of the best things about it.

WHAT WAS THE BEST CAREER ADVICE YOU HAVE EVER RECEIVED?
Don’t put limits on yourself, let go.

“Beauty is about the body inside and out, not just the face. It can have a massive impact on a person’s day and life”

DURING YOUR CAREER AS A TEACHER, HAVE YOU HAD AN EXPERIENCED WHICH INSPIRED YOU OR HAVE YOU WORKED WITH AN INSPIRATIONAL STUDENT?
We have had a few overseas students where English is their second language, who have come to study with us with previous experience in the health and wellness industry. I was amazed to see how much passion and love they have. They even taught me something new from their culture that I can incorporate into my class. It’s great when I can learn something unexpected and new from my students.

WHAT IS THE ONE MOST INTERESTING THING ABOUT: AESTHETICS ELECTROTHERAPY AND BEAUTY AND SPA?
It turns out to be that a lot of equipment we use in Beauty therapy originated from the Medical profession that nurses and doctors used to only use. And in beauty and spa the treatments have been around since Cleopatra.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ARE YOUR TOP 3 RULES FOR GREAT SKIN?

• Sunscreen during Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn
  • Cleanse your skin every day even if you do not wear makeup
  • Get enough sleep and drink water

WHAT ARE THE HOT TOPICS IN THE INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW? 
Tattoo removal and Skin needling in Aesthetics and Lash Extensions and Brow Micro Blading in Beauty. Torrens has met these trends by designing a Bachelor of Health Science in Aesthetics and a Beauty and Spa specific course. This education prepares our students to be the best professionals possible in the industry when they graduate.

WHAT DO YOU THINK AWAITS THE INDUSTRY IN THE FUTURE?
As we move more towards cosmetic procedures, education will be the future. Our students widen their perspective, and understand that this impacts a person from a physical, health, and mental perspective.

“Beauty is a very versatile career. Once you graduate you can work full-time or part-time in this industry at any age.
This is such a flexible career option with endless opportunities, the sky is the limit!”

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO A PROSPECTIVE STUDENT?
Hold on to your hat because you are in for the ride of your life. Studying our beauty and aesthetics courses can take your career to places you haven’t expected.

WHY DO YOU THINK BEAUTY IS THE BEST COURSE TO STUDY? WHAT SORT OF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES DOES IT OFFER?
Beauty is a very versatile career. Once you graduate you can work full-time or part-time in this industry at any age.

This is such a flexible career option with endless opportunities, the sky is the limit! You can choose to work on the Cruise ships, for a luxurious Hotel Spa, start your own business or work in a medispa or salon, build a career in Sales and Marketing related to Beauty and Spa or….. do my job and educate! These are just some of the suggestions open to you when you have a beauty or aesthetics qualification.

Discover more about our Beauty courses or register for our Free Beauty Masterclass with Dermalogica to discover your path to your dream career in the beauty and spa industry.

Find a course
You Love

Contact Us

Categories

All writers