Now Reading: How my industry placement is leading to my career goals

How my industry placement is leading to my career goals

Mandy is currently studying a Bachelor of Business (International Hotel and Resort Management) at The Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School.

As a part of her paid industry placement, she got a role as a sales coordinator at Marriott International Sydney Head office. She is currently undertaking her last placement as a Sales Intern at the Marriott International Sydney Head Office and is thrilled to have been given this exciting opportunity.

I am currently doing my last placement before my graduation as a Sales Intern at Marriott International Sydney Head office. Our team looks after pacific inbound business for 13 Marriott hotels across Australia.

Before this, I was placed at the InterContinental Sydney Double Bay as a Club Attendant which I thoroughly enjoyed. As I wanted to develop my career direction further into sales, I internally transferred from the Club to the Reservation team which has helped me immensely in my current role as a Sales Intern.”

Mandy started her journey at Blue Mountains Leura campus in January 2017, being transferred from another university under Laureate Education group which has a partnership with Blue Mountains.

“There’s so much to love about this program. Blue Mountains’ reputation and connection in the industry has really assisted with making placement easy and enjoyable.

On top of this, the two placements which I have undertaken have been paid helping assist with my living and studying conditions while being able to enjoy being in Australia.

It has always been a dream of mine to visit and study in Australia; with its nice weather, attractive beaches, and diverse cultures it has certainly not let me down.”

Not only has she got her placement, but her Success Coach has been immensely helpful in her studies.

“I received a lot of help from my Success Coach offered at the University – I discussed and expressed my strong interests in Hotel Sales and when opportunities arose they were able to help my application and provide great references to help secure the roles. Now I feel I am just on the right way to achieve my career goal.”

Mandy enjoyed the campus life at Blue Mountain and can proudly say this helped her in achieving 2 MSS (Mentoring Scholarship Student) and become a GPP (Graduate Privileged Program) student. She also participated in the School Representative Council (SRC) becoming a member and helping impact decision the school would make on behalf of her peers.

We wish you all the best, Mandy!

Find a course
You Love

Contact Us

Categories

All writers